Full Stack Developer
- Developing and maintaining user-interface and server-side network components
- Manage the exchange of data between the front-end, PostgreSQL database, ElasticSearch indexes, and external web services
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Work and collaborate with the rest of the engineering team and graphic designers
- Re-architect existing code base to meet best practices and improve maintainability
- Troubleshoot and provide work arounds/bug fixes for problems experienced by the internal team
- Assist the team occasionally with basic DevOps and support duties
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
- Collaborative problem solving and design
- Open to flex hours
- Familiarity with AWS architectural concepts
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Experience with ElasticSearch or other NoSQL databases is a plus
- Familiarity with APIs
- Git experience is a plus
- Jenkins experience is a plus
- Familiarity with other libraries in use, such as Egg, DVA, Sequelize, or AntD, is a plus
- Exempt Salaried
Required Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development
- Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Technical Director
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast growing startup
- Unlimited paid time off policy with mandatory minimums.
- Unlimited flexible work from home policy.
The Tech Stack
Instant Teams delivers a unique platform to match, build, and manage remote employees for customer companies. The platform itself consists of three components – a talent facing portal to help talent grow their careers and find unique opportunities, a customer facing portal that helps companies request carefully sourced teams and manage their teams; and finally a sophisticated data platform that uses search algorithms and eventually machine learning to build teams that match client’s needs.
Web Application: The web Application is built using the React front-end framework. Use of this technology improves the componentization of the front end and thereby increases the flexibility of the display of records and other content. The same technology is in use for all the components of the platform – Talent Portal, the Customer Portal, and the Admin Portal.
Webserver: The back-end servers are AWS EC2 instances running Node.js. The servers are implemented in a multi-node cluster running behind an AWS high-availability load balancer. All communication from the internet with the webservers requires SSL encryption over HTTPS, and only traffic on HTTPS port is allowed. While not yet turned on, the load balancer can be configured with a firewall and a service to prevent denial of service attack (DDoS shield). Furthermore, all access can be logged and stored in AWS CloudWatch. The disk storage for webservers can also be encrypted.
Database Layer: The system uses the AWS RDS (postgres) database cluster. The database can be encrypted. All data access to this database is via HTTPS, and the database itself can only be accessed from within the virtual private network by specific servers. RDS data will be backed up daily. The database general log, which contains all database connections and complete query history can be sent and stored in AWS CloudWatch. The encryption and logging features are not yet turned on to save on AWS costs.
Search Engine: The system uses the AWS ElasticSearch search service to run sophisticated search algorithms. The system of record is stored in the RDS relational database and search related information is simultaneously updated to ElasticSearch. The update process does not guarantee real time synchronization but a queueing mechanism is used to ensure eventual consistency.
Instant Teams’ looks for mindful communicators who embrace change, serve with excellence and take ownership of their role within the company. We are a fast moving startup currently building out our first internal technology team. You will be one of the first hires to establish our technology development in house. We tackle really hard problems head-on in an inclusive, calm, and highly collaborative environment.
This is not necessarily a complete list of responsibilities, skills, duties, or requirements associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
EEO and Harassment Statement
Instant Teams provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants, contractors, and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of work, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Instant Teams expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Instant Teams’ contractors and employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Ready to join our team?
How to Apply
Create an Arti Profile with resume attached.
Email People_Operations@instantteams.com with Subject Line: “Tech Team Application”. In the email, confirm that your Arti profile is complete and let us know anything else about you that we should know as we consider candidates.