This Remote Workforce program is designed to prepare trainees for rewarding remote roles as either a Business Development Representative or Customer Service Professional. Start an application today to see if RemoteReady Hawaii is right for you.
What Were Offering
Fully funded by the state of Hawaii, the Instant Teams’ RemoteReady Hawaii Program will offer free Sales and Customer Support training to qualifying candidates with goals to elevate digital and remote skill readiness, prepare residents for remote employment prospects, and long term goals to decrease the Hawaiian unemployment rates by preparing a modern workforce ready for remote work opportunities. All graduates are offered a PAID remote internship through Instant Teams that is in line with their completed training and provides real-world experience for career prep.
Choose Your Program
We have two programs that you can choose from:
Customer Support or Business Development.
A Customer Support Agent help promote customer satsifaction by addressing questions and concerns, sharing information about products and services, and ensuring customers have everything they need.
The Customer Support Program is for you if:
- You listen well with an empathetic ear hearing customer concerns
- You are compassionate and enjoy helping others
- You are able to clearly communicate via telephone, chat, and email
- You are adaptable and enjoy multi-tasking
- You remain positive and calm under stress
A Business Development Representative (BDR) is a key member of the sales department who qualifies prospective customers via email, calling, and networking before connecting a qualified lead to an Account Representative.
Our Business Development Program is for you if:
- You are confident, persuasive, and persistent
- You have a tenacious and competitive nature that is driven by quotas and incentives
- You have an uncanny nature to build relationships and network with others
- You’re a clear communicator who understands the balance of listening and speaking
- You take initiative and can clearly see + express value
Complete Your Written Application
The goal of our written application is to get to know you + your career goals and to understand how we can best support you in achieving them. While reviewing the application, we will also utilize it as an opportunity to ensure that you are set up for success if accepted into the program.
Submit Your Video Interview
Once you have completed your written application, your next step will be to record and submit a video interview answering the following questions:
- At Instant Teams, we value people for who they are and where they’re at in life. Tell us a little bit about yourself! Do you have any hobbies or anything specific that you enjoy in life? Any goals? Let us know as much or as little as you want!
- We embrace change daily; we believe in continuous improvement and we don’t fear change. This practice naturally cultivates success and growth. Could you tell us about a time in a previous work, volunteer, or educational moment where you embraced change and grew from it?
- How do you like to structure your day?
- If selected as a part of the remote [excel]erate Hawaii program, how do you see this impacting and shaping your career?
- All courses require access to high-speed internet and a computer (laptop or desktop). Do you have access to these? If you do not, when do you expect to have access?
With commerce and tourism being Hawaii’s driving industries, the recent pandemic’s negative downturn had a significant effect on the economy and workforce.
These factors directly impact HI’s revenue and the satisfaction and mental and physical health of employable Hawaiian residents. The state of Hawaii’s (HI) Department of Economic Development & Tourism (DBEDT) and Instant Teams began conversations in early 2020 when Hawaii approached Instant Teams looking for ways to bring more remote work opportunities to the islands to help diversify the economy.
How do I apply for the RemoteReady Hawaii program?
The application process is a two-part process that involves a written application to confirm basic information, availability, and background, followed by a video portion.
The video portion is within our software program, RIVS. You will be given the questions ahead of time and will be prompted to respond within the platform. You will have several minutes to respond to each question and also have the ability to re-record any questions that they did not like their original response to.
The applications will be accepted on a rolling basis without a deadline but are first-come, first-served. Our Scholarship Review Committee here at Instant Teams will be reviewing applications as they come in. We will be accepting 88 to move forward in 3 phases between March 1st and June 30th.
There is one additional step for the Business Development applicants. Each applicant chosen to move forward will be invited to one final step which is a call with one of the manager’s in our Sales Department for confirmation of program enrollment. All others will be informed of selection and will be invited to a group enrollment call with our Workforce Development Success Lead.
What is the Customer Support program like?
The topics covered in the program are centered around customer support via phone, chat, and email, along with sales skills, and remote work within the customer support realm.
- Self-paced program with no live sessions to schedule
- Approximately 15 hours of work with one (1) week to complete coursework
Graduates of the program graduate with a Certificate in Custom
What is the Business Development program like?
The topics covered in the program are centered around prospecting, qualifying + investigating, dealing with gatekeepers, handling objections, closing skills, and remote work within the business development realm.
- Live program conducted in a group setting via video conferencing
- Approximately 15 hours of pre-scheduled, live coursework (no more than 2 hours per day)
Graduates of the program graduate with a Certificate in Business Development and generally move into a role with a sales team working directly with an Account Executive.
How long are the programs?
The Business Development program is 2-weeks in length with approximately 15 hours of pre-scheduled live instruction and role-plays with our team (they will have the schedule ahead of time). You’re looking at 6-weeks total for the training and internship together.
The Customer Support program is 1-week in length (approximately 15 hours) of completely asynchronous and can be done at any time during the week. I say approximately because it will vary depending upon the student and how quickly they grasp the material. This one is 5-weeks total.
Upon completion of the program, they will then move into the 4-week internship at 20 hours per week.
Which pieces of the process are paid?
The initial training periods are unpaid, but the 4-week internship program is paid.
Do I have the option of an unpaid internship?
Yes. If you would prefer the internship be unpaid, we can accommodate.
What is the rate of pay for each position?
Customer Support positions range from $14-$18 hourly, are typically full-time, and are W-2 positions. The BDR positions start at $40,000 annual salary plus commissions. Both positions are eligible for the benefits that we offer for full-time employees at the time of hire.
What are the dates and times for live training events for the BDR position?
The live training dates for the BDR program will occur between 9 am – 12 pm Hawaii Time (Cohort 1 will run April 5th – April 16th and Cohort 2 will run May 3rd – May 14th). During those time frames, training would be pre-scheduled (you will know ahead of time) and no more than 2 hours per day.
Who will I be employed by upon completion of the program?
Upon successful graduation of both the training program and internship, you will be offered employment with Instant Teams.
How do I know if I have been accepted for the program?
Our Scholarship Review Committee is comprised of our Workforce Development Team as well as several key members of our Sales and Customer Success Departments who will work closely together to determine program fit and eligibility. Upon acceptance to the program, you will receive an email notifying you of acceptance and next steps.