Effective Date: 12/7/2022
Instant Teams’ is a talent marketplace that uses innovative technology, career development, and a focus on skills-based hiring to create employment solutions for companies and remote careers for military and veteran spouses. This Policy applies to all website visitors and users of the Services, including representatives of companies looking for talent (“Employers”), and individuals seeking remote employment opportunities (“Career Seekers”).
Personal information we collect
Information users submit to us:
- Contact and account information, such as your first and last name, email address, username, and password. Some of this information may be part of users’ profile pages and may be publicly visible.
- Applicant information, such as your educational and employment history, credentials, skills, biographical information, and any other information you provide for Employers to evaluate your candidacy for career opportunities.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us and other users, including any content you upload to the Services or otherwise submit, communications with other users, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our Services, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Additional information Employers provide to us:
- Company information, such as business name, contact information, and information regarding career opportunities.
- Payment information, such as bank account or payment card information to transmit payments for services.
Information we obtain from third parties:
- Third-party login information. When you link, connect, or login to the Services with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, or Apple), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Background Checks. At our request or to meet the request of a customer, Instant Teams may require a background check for employment for certain positions. The Company may conduct a background check on any applicant or employee with their signed consent. The background check may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, credit history, or other information, as permitted by law. Third-party services may be hired to perform these checks. Our current vendor is Vetty. All offers of employment and continued employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Refusal to consent to a background check may result in discipline, up to or including termination.
- Other sources. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources and data providers.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers and advertising partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interactions over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 4G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, browsing history, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How we use your personal information
Provide our Services to Website Visitors and Users. It is in our legitimate business interests to use your personal information to:
- Operate the Services and our business;
- Maintain, secure, and improve the Services and the Services’ features;
- Create and maintain your account;
- Facilitate connections between Employers and Career Seekers on our Services;
- Provide customer service;
- Process transactions;
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with our Services and our communications;
- Communicate with you about the Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- Provide support for the Services, and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
Marketing and advertising, including for:
- Direct marketing. We may from time-to-time send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via email and in-app notifications. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
Research and development. It is in our legitimate business interests to engage in research and development, including to:
- Develop new features, products, and services; and
- Create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data or analytics.
Compliance with law, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services (such as customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management).
Advertising partners. When you visit our website, third party advertising companies may use automated technologies to collect information for interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
How users share their personal information
Instant Teams provides talent marketplace solutions in the following ways: Direct Hire, Business Process Outsourcing, Hybrid Business Process Outsourcing, and Seasonal/Project Based work. Interactions between Instant Teams, Employers and Career Seekers may involve sharing information with each other. We facilitate that sharing, so when you use our Services, you direct us to share information about yourself. Depending on how you use the Services, you may share personal data with:
- Other users, such as Instant Teams Employee, Employers and Career Seekers.
- The public, through profiles and other details that are visible to others on the platform; this information may become publicly available and can be collected, viewed and used by anyone.
Access or update your information. Users may themselves update their personal information in their accounts by logging in and editing their information.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Services from setting cookies by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect and summarize information about how individuals engage with the Services. For more information on Google Analytics, click here. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, click here. You can opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. Many advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising, including:
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Privacy rights. You have the right to submit requests about your personal information, depending on your location and the nature of your interactions with our Services:
- Access. Request that we provide the individual with information about our processing of the individual’s personal information and give the individual access to their personal information;
- Deletion. Request that we delete the personal information that we maintain about the individual;
- Correction. Request that we update or correct inaccuracies in the individual’s personal information;
- Transfer. Request that we transfer a machine-readable copy of the individual’s personal information to the individual or a third party the individual designates;
- Restriction. Request that we restrict the processing (including sharing) of the individual’s personal information;
- Objection. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of the individual’s personal information that impacts their rights; and
- Opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information and opt out of the processing of your personal information for targeted advertising. We do not sell personal information in the traditional sense. Like many businesses, we use services that display interest-based ads to users around the web. To exercise these rights, follow the instructions in the “Online tracking opt-out” section above, which explain how to modify the use of advertising cookies on your device. You may also click the link at the bottom of our website that reads: “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.”
To make privacy-related requests, please complete this form. We reserve the right to confirm the identity of the individual making a request before we respond to the request and to assess whether these rights apply to you. Additionally, applicable law can limit these rights, for example, by prohibiting businesses from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which they must comply with a deletion request. If we decline a request, we will explain why we took that action, subject to legal restrictions. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Please note that the law of your state may limit these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with a deletion request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you.
California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
Sensitive personal information
Our Services can contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content can be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of or representation that we are affiliated with any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our services from a child under 16 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
We retain personal information for as long as appropriate to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information, the purposes for which we process personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Cross-Border Processing of Personal Information
If you provide us with your personal information when using the Services, then please note that we are headquartered in the United States. To provide and operate our Services, it is necessary for us to process personal information in the United States.
If we transfer personal information across borders such that we are required to apply appropriate safeguards to personal information under applicable data protection laws, we will do so. Please contact us for further information about any such transfers or the specific safeguards applied.
We have no liability or responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of our Hosts or other actions of any Integrated Service that may be enabled within the Service.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at email@example.com or at the following mailing address:
HireMadSkills, Inc. (DBA: Instant Teams) 19266 Coastal Hwy. #4-573 Rehoboth, DE 19971