As the coronavirus continues to sweep across the nation with more positive cases each day, we have to deal with our new normal. At least for the time being.
Being a 100% remote team gives us the luxury of still getting our work done in the safety of our own homes. But, with school and childcare closures across the nation, we have many team members that will be having to manage children during work hours in the next few weeks.
Many of you probably remember this funny work from home incident a few years back. It shows what can quickly happen during a work call even when it’s televised!
Kara Smith, Customer Success General Manager, is one of our team members who has been able to successfully home school her kids while working full time. After receiving lots of messages asking what she does with her kids while home and working, she decided to put a list of resources together for our team.
We thought it might be helpful for YOU, too, and decided to share these useful links.
Free educational resources:
- List of Educational Resources That are FREE During the COVID Outbreak
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Twinkl Teaching Resources
- Companies Offering Free Subscriptions
- Mystery Science
- Virtual Museum Tours
- Cincinnati Zoo Weekday Virtual Safari
- Virtual Field Trips
- Virtual Field Trips Continued
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Williams
- Daily Online Crafts and Experiment
- Washing Hands Experiment
Educational shows and apps:
- Educational Shows on Netflix
- Educational Shows on Hulu
- Educational PRESCHOOL Shows on Hulu
- Educational Shows on Amazon Prime
- Educational YouTube Channels
- Educational Apps for Kids (Many offering free access due to school out)
- Podcasts for Kids
- Homeschool with Curiosity Stream
*Disclaimer – Please review the items above as they may or may not fit for your family specifically. Everyone has different values and beliefs, so it’s not meant to be a one size fits all.