At Instant Teams, diversity, equity, and inclusion are central tenents of our mission—to provide remote employment to an untapped workforce of remote ready team members. DEI is who we are and how we hire the best of the best.
From the beginning, we’ve painstakingly created and defined actionable DEI best practices that we implement every day throughout our workforce. From encouraging employees to use self-identification pronouns as they see fit to tracking internal diversity statistics to support specific demographic groups and so much more, we embrace the chance to improve our DEI profile whenever possible.
So, in recognition and celebration of upcoming inclusivity dates in June, we’d like to share how Instant Teams implements our DEI philosophy throughout the company. First, let’s take a look at a few important dates to keep in mind:
- June is LGBTQIA+ Pride Month
- June 15: Native American Citizenship Day observes the date Congress recognized Native Americans as U.S. citizens in 1924.
- June 19: Juneteenth commemorates slavery’s abolishment in 1865 after the news finally reached Texas.
- June 26: Celebrates the Supreme Court’s decision to legalize same-sex marriage in the U.S. in 2015.
We’re highlighting important events in June, but we encourage you to check out our partner, Power to Fly’s Diversity and Inclusion Calendar 2022 for more information about DEI events all year round.
Upfront: Instant Teams and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Our Leadership Team drives DEI initiatives. Take a look at what Briana Pruitt, Director of People Operations at Instant Teams, says about the company’s DEI philosophy: “An organization that values equal employment for all increases the chances that it will have a diverse workforce, which has many positive actions for the teams, departments, and overall organizational productivity and creativity.”
- We depend on diverse hiring practices to share insight and get the job done. We want to WOW our clients. Unique backgrounds and perspectives from a variety of vantage points allow us to meet our consumers where they are and tackle their pain points.
- Instant Teams is privileged to employ a 43% minority and 94% women workforce.
- We created Instant Teams’ business model to include and rely on the built-in diversity within the remote workforce in the military-connected community.
- We’re proud to partner with the Modern Military Association of America. It’s the nation’s largest nonprofit dedicated to uplifting the LGBTQ+ military and veteran community.
- Instant Teams provides individual support for transgender and transitioning professionals.
- Empowering our employees to find their voice is important and necessary. With that in mind, we encourage and foster employer-recognized workplace groups that connect our employees. Shared affinities like race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, and other common interests are the center of these workplace groups.
- Instant Teams’ employees represent the heart of our DEI mission. We strive to showcase their talents, abilities, and backgrounds regularly through our team member Success Stories blogs.
- Working and partnering with Esposas Militares Hispanas USA Armed Forces connects us with Hispanic military families. We use specialty programs that are designed to remove language barriers as a way to improve access to employment and educational opportunities.
- Across our global network of remote teams, there is 52% diversity representation (percentage of multicultural team members).
- We intentionally align ourselves with organizations like the Department of Defense, Blue Star Families, and the USO, all of which empower diverse military-connected communities. These alliances help us ensure inclusivity and diversity in who and how we hire.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion powerhouse Power To Fly are allies with Instant Teams in promoting hiring underrepresented communities.
It’s clear that we’re invested in building a workforce that accurately represents a detailed snapshot of remote workers across the globe. Advocating for underserved working populations is our honor and responsibility. We would like you to join us. Please share your story and help pave the way for a new path of quality remote employment with Instant Teams.